|Frozen yogurt topped with crushed Oreos and fresh strawberries|
I got introduced to frozen yogurt or froyo during my stay in America. When I first heard about it, I thought yogurt and frozen?! How would that taste like?! And I'm glad I tasted and found it oh-so-yummy!
My first experience of having it was from TCBY while my cousin and I were out shopping and it was snowing. We got two flavors each but the most fun part was the choice of assorted toppings! Since it was a small store at the mall that's why they didn't have a lot of flavors and topping options but we chose some and really enjoyed while the specks of soft cotton like snow fell on our faces; it was one hell of an experience!
But it was frozen yogurt from Red Mango that got me hooked on it! and by far its my most favorite. I tried their various flavors but mostly enjoyed mango and pomegranate and liked best. The choice of toppings is always the most fun part as to create your custom cup and then deciding what to add as a topping to your yogurt and what not sure is quite challenging (hehe)
You can add fresh fruit, candy, cookies, cereal, granola, cookie dough, nuts, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, Bobas (tiny beads filled with fruit juice) cake crumb, sprinkles and what not. The choice is yours and the options are unlimited.
|Mine is always overflowing with toppings :D|
Strawberry-Banana Frozen Yogurt
Unsweetened Plain Yogurt: 2 cups (thick and preferably homemade. Greek yogurt can be used too)
Fresh/Frozen Strawberries: 1 cup (washed and hulled)
Ripe Bananas: 2 (large)
Sugar: 1/2 cup (you can use more but frozen yogurt is best enjoyed with a bit of tang)
Fresh lemon juice: 1 tsp.
Sliced strawberries, crushed Oreos or any other topping of your choice and as much as you desire. Fresh Mint Leaves: (optional) for garnishing
- Purée the fruit along with the lemon juice and sugar without using any water.
- Beat the yogurt well with the help of a whisk.
- Add the puréed fruit to it, mix well, transfer the prepared yogurt to an airtight freezer-safe box and put it into the freezer.
- Once it's half frozen, take out and blitz it with the help of a hand held blender or regular blender till smooth and no ice crystals remains.
- Pour it back into the box and freeze till it's set.
- Scoop out into the serving bowls/cups, garnish and serve with your favorite toppings.
|Ready to go back into the freezer|
Thank you and please remember in your Du'as/prayers! :)
*Not be duplicated, rewritten or published without permission- Thank you!